In this post, you will learn…
- The different types of popular patio enclosures in Florida
- The advantages of having a patio enclosure
Patio enclosures allow you to extend your outdoor living space while being protected from the sun, rain, bugs, and pests. With several options to choose from, selecting a patio enclosure for your home can seem daunting. Here’s a breakdown of the different types of popular Florida patio enclosures to help you find the right fit.
Screened-In Lanai or Porch
Do you already have a lanai or porch? You can easily screen in your existing lanai to fully enjoy your outdoor living space without the worry of bugs and other pests. Customize your screened-in lanai with your choice of frame colors and screen types.
If you rarely use your patio due to bugs or lack of privacy, consider adding a screen enclosure to your space. And if you don’t want to lose your beautiful backyard view, Patio Enclosures’ ExtremeView frame is a great solution. With unique beams engineered for unobstructed views up to 54-feet in width and 12-feet in height, the ExtremeView frame doesn’t need as many vertical posts as the standard enclosure frame, eliminating the “caged-in feel.” You can even retrofit the ExtremeView beam into your existing patio screen.
Screen rooms allow you to expand your outdoor living space with options for customization for your specific needs and home style. They can have a variety of roof types including a solid roof, a screen roof, or a combination of the two.
Patio covers offer protection from the sun and rain but don’t fully enclose your space like a screen enclosure. They typically are made of insulated aluminum roofing to provide shelter from the hot Florida sun.
Florida rooms are custom-built sunrooms that allow you to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors from the comfort of indoors. They provide protection from the elements with expansive views of your surroundings. Florida rooms are typically constructed of aluminum and feature walls made almost entirely of windows. With a variety of roof styles and windows to choose from, you can create a Florida room that perfectly fits your needs. You can even install sunroom walls on an existing covered porch, patio, or lanai.
Florida Swimming Pool Enclosure
Swimming pool screen enclosures are common in Florida and offer privacy, provide safety, and keep debris and critters out of your pool area. Pool enclosures come in a variety of sizes and roof types to suit the style of your home and needs. And if you’re worried about potentially blocking your backyard view, the ExtremeView frame is also available for pool enclosures, providing unobstructed views up to 54' feet in width and 12' feet in height.
Advantages of Florida Patio Enclosures
There are numerous advantages of adding a patio enclosure to your Florida home. Here’s a list of the top seven perks of a screen enclosure:
- Offers Protection from Insects and other Critters – It can be hard to enjoy your outdoor space when creepy-crawly bugs and other potentially dangerous animals like alligators invade your patio, lanai, or pool. Screen enclosures create a safe barrier between you and unwanted visitors, without harsh chemicals or citronella candles.
- Creates Additional Privacy – During the day, screen enclosures are easy to see out of but hard to see into, creating a layer of privacy from neighbors or passersby. Florida rooms can offer privacy during the day or night with the addition of curtains or blinds.
- Increases Property Value – Patio enclosures are an easy and beneficial way to add usable square footage to your floorplan, potentially adding to the property value of your home.
- Provides Shelter from the Weather – Depending on the type of enclosure, you can expect varying degrees of protection. Enclosures with a solid roof and glass or vinyl windows provide the most protection from wind and rain. While full screen enclosures do a great job of providing protection from debris and bugs, they are not designed to provide protection from rain or wind.
- Increases Living and Entertainment Space – Take indoor activities outdoors with ease. Patio enclosures make spending time outdoors fun and give you additional space to comfortably entertain extra guests. They’re also perfect for hosting outdoor meals without pesky bugs.
- Decreases the Frequency of Maintenance – Patio and screen enclosures protect your pool, furniture, and patio surface, keeping them clean and out of direct sunlight. This layer of protection can help reduce the time spent maintaining your outdoor space, meaning you’ll spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your backyard oasis.
- Adds Visual Appeal – You can create a beautiful retreat in the comfort of your yard with a patio enclosure. Choose from different frame colors, roof styles, and sizes to fit your needs and desired aesthetic.
Let us help you get more use and enjoyment from your outdoor living space with a custom screen enclosure. With nearly 30 years of experience, you can trust us to create your dream backyard oasis. To schedule an in-home appointment, call 813-755-4293. To schedule service for your existing pool enclosure or screen room, call 813-620-0931.
You May Also Be Interested In: